Real diamond rings are one of the best personal items to invest; in case of emergencies, you can have it pawned or sell it at a reliable jeweler.
“So, where should I sell my ring with diamonds? ” If you are one of many individuals who is planning to sell their real diamond rings, you need to read reliable posts like this first.
Here some smart tips on selling your ring with diamonds:
1. Know the ring’s market value
The very first thing you need to do if you are planning to sell your diamond ring is to know its market value.
Diamond rings are valued according to the 4 C’s – cut, color, clarity, and carat.
- Cut – The cut of the diamond on a ring is the primary focus when determining the market value of the diamond; this is because the cut can influence the entirety of the diamond’s appearance, especially the spark.
- Color – The second most essential factor is the diamond’s color. According to the experts, the clearer the diamond, the more expensive it is. However, the value of the diamond with colors differs from those that are naturally clear. It is said that the darker the colored-diamond, the rarer and expensive it is.
- Clarity – Although clarity is least essential to determine the ring’s market value, however, any imperfection may cause the diamond’s value.
- Carat – Carat is implied to the diamond’s overall weight and not the diamond’s size.
Another characteristic of a valuable diamond that may affect its market value is its shape.
So, before rushing to a jeweler, make sure to appraise the diamond ring first; this will help you quote the right price of the jewelry.
2. Look for a reliable appraiser
Getting your diamond appraised will help you to easily negotiate on the price; however, to ensure that you are getting the right value, make sure that you are dealing with a reliable appraiser. Also, for a safer and better appraisal, look for an appraiser that does not sell or buy jewels, especially with diamonds in it, because most of them are into business than helping you out.
3. Set a price that is realistic
If you have the right quote of the diamond ring, your next step is to set the price. However, when setting the price, be as honest as possible. Do not quote a price that is higher to the ring’s original market value; same with quoting the price low.
Setting the price high, may cause you problems in the future; setting the price low, on the other hand, isn’t also a good move – no matter how hard it is it sell, you have to sell it according to its current market value.
If you are still struggling to sell the diamond ring there’s a better, easier, and reliable way to sell it; all you need to do is visit Speedy Diamond’s official website.
No matter how hard it is to sell the diamond ring and no matter what your efforts are, do not give in selling the ring below its current market value.